Monday, December 13, 2010

Recovery After Divorce For Men - 3 Rules to Follow

Being divorced is not the end of the world; it only feels like it is! Recovery after divorce for men does feel like you are crawling away from a world shattering cataclysm though so learning to recover properly and heal emotionally is essential to be able to move on with your life.


While understanding every element of divorce and its emotional impact on you is a very large topic, this article will give you three rules that can help you move through this rocky part of your life and set you up for a happier future.


1. Stop the Hate - Resentment, bitterness, and hate; these are very common amongst divorced men for rather obvious reasons. Most men fee justified in this attitude and many might even agree! The problem is that hating does not help you one tiny bit, there is not benefit to yourself to hang on to this negative emotion. Hating does not teach anyone a lesson it only holds you back form being happy and experiencing more in life. Being able to let go of these issues is essential to moving on from a failed marriage.


2. Stay Connected - All too often men after divorce withdraw emotionally and socially from life. This is a dangerous direction often caused by an inability to understand and work through the complex tangle of emotions that we all go through after a break up. The danger is that without perspective of other people and without helpful social contact men develop a much higher risk of depression, anxiety, and suicide. Social connections are essential for mental health.


3. Learn to Forgive - This may be the hardest part, but the most freeing. Even if you stop the hate and resentment, you might still never forgive your ex, or perhaps yourself for the divorce. This is the burden most men carry around that will harm their future happiness, and future relationships. Forgiveness allows you to be truly free of this shadow that will cloud all your thinking. This does not mean forgetting, or condoning any actions... it just means releasing yourself of carrying this burden and not letting it affect you anymore.

1 comment:

  1. True story, I'm one of the people who have benefited from Dr. Ogbeifun Love Spell. Dr. Ogbeifun appeared in the middle of my life when all hope was lost. I gave up on life and thought the best way to care for my broken heart. I have several experiences with my husband who have been working with me for many years. I made up my mind to continue with my suicide before a strange spirit. Afterwards, Dr. Ogbeifun Temple, I reluctantly looked for and found testimonials and recommendations for him via his email. He answered and asked me to go away and take my life; he said that my case is solvable after consulting his Oracle. Well, here I am today thanking Dr. Ogbeifun for saving my life and bringing back my Husband. We are so happy today and happier than we have ever been. He also helped me stop my cardiac arrest problem. I am grateful for being among the people sharing this testimony. Contact him at this email ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com call or add him on whatsapp +2348102574680 website

    ReplyDelete